Areas of Practice
- J.D., Vermont Law School, 1995
- B.A., English and Latin, Hobart College, 1991
Bar & Court Admissions
- Member, Robinson & McElwee, 2008-present
- Of Counsel, Robinson & McElwee, 2006-2007
Mr. Hamb is primarily involved in civil litigation in federal and state courts at both the trial and appellate levels.
Mr. Hamb has more than 16 years of experience in significant real estate, title, broker and salesperson liability, real estate liability, contract disputes, energy, timber and mineral law matters, including significant trial experience.
Mr. Hamb also has acted as an expert witness in matters relating to real estate titles, particularly in the area of oil, gas and mineral trusts.
Mr. Hamb is also experienced in a variety of corporate and general commercial litigation.
- Appellate experience involving issues of real estate salesperson and broker liability and real estate title matters.
- Expert witness experience in matters relating to title to real estate and particularly oil, gas and mineral trusts.
- Litigation and trial experience involving personal injuries; wrongful death; real estate salesperson and broker liability; real estate appraiser liability; contract disputes; corporate transactions; energy, timber and mineral law matters; bankruptcy; and adversary proceedings in bankruptcy court in various counties in southern and central West Virginia and in federal court.
- Corporate representation, consultation and general business litigation.
- Andrews v. Antero Res. Corp., 242 W. Va. 39, 828 S.E.2d 858 (2019).
- AM-RAD, Inc., et al. v. Ross, No. 10-1046 (U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit) (March 23, 2011) Unpublished. Successfully defended the grant of summary judgment for the defendant by the district court.
- McCoy v. VanKirk, 201 W.Va. 718, 500 S.E.2d 534 (W.Va., Dec. 16, 1997) (No. 24019)
- Darrisaw v. Old Colony Realty Co., 202 W.Va. 23, 501 S.E.2d 187 (W.Va., Dec. 17, 1997) (No.24085)