Areas of Practice
- JD, Harvard Law School, 2012
- BA, University of Arkansas, 2009
Bar & Court Admissions
- Associate, Robinson & McElwee PLLC, 2019
- Associate, Gemondo & McQuiggan, LLP, 2017-2019
- Associate, Janik LLP, 2017
- Associate, Hoglund, Chwialkowski, & Mrozik, 2016
- Associate, Zarzaur & Schwartz P.C., 2015-2016
- Independent Contractor, Citizens Disability, 2015-2016
- Associate, Wayne Young Law Firm PA, 2013-2015
Jack Willems is an Associate at Robinson & McElwee PLLC in the firm’s Charleston office. His practice focuses on real estate, trusts, corporate agreements and general business law.
A graduate of Harvard Law School, Jack initially returned to his home state of Arkansas to practice law. His professional path led him through Ohio and eventually Jack found his place in West Virginia. Jack has extensive experience drafting title opinions in three states (Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia) and he also supports clients by drafting legal memorandum concerning changes in oil and gas law and contract interpretation.
In his previous positions, Jack has worked with insurance companies to offer coverage opinions. In this capacity, he has also drafted motions and pleadings, legal memoranda on fidelity policies, dram shop actions, and collateral estoppel, among other legal issues.
Jack has also represented clients in social security disability hearings and conducted direct examinations of clients and cross examinations of vocational experts.
Jack graduated from the University of Arkansas with summa cum laude honors, and he holds a degree in Journalism and Political Science with a minor in Economics. While at the University of Arkansas, Jack was a Bodenhamer Fellow, a member of Phi Beta Kappa and a Senior Staff Writer at the Arkansas Traveler.
Jack and his wife Rachel reside in Charleston, West Virginia.