Areas of Practice
- J.D., University of Denver College of Law, 2007
- Masters of Law in Taxation (LL.M.), University of Denver, 2007
- B.A., Political Science, West Virginia Wesleyan College, 2003
- Leadership West Virginia Class of 2016
Bar & Court Admissions
- West Virginia State Bar
- United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Charleston Estate Planning Council
- West Virginia State Bar Probate Committee
- West Virginia State Bar Tax Committee
Andrew Ellis joined Robinson & McElwee in 2023 as Senior Counsel. His practice focuses on taxes, estate administration, and trusts.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Ellis has devoted his practice to trust and estate administration, taxation, wealth management support, estate planning, and fiduciary litigation. He previously served as an Assistant Attorney General in the Tax Division of the Office of the Attorney General of West Virginia.
Mr. Ellis provides comprehensive advice to clients regarding estate planning and administration, including business succession planning, complex multigenerational wealth transfer, charitable planning, special needs trusts, and advice and planning for minor and personal injury settlements.
Mr. Ellis has been a frequent lecturer on topics such as asset protection, probate matters, and tax procedures in estate administration, among many others. He is a member of the Charleston Estate Planning Council and the West Virginia State Bar Probate Committee. Ellis is also a 2016 graduate of Leadership West Virginia.