Robinson & McElwee provides a wide array of professional services to the banking and financial services industry. These services include representation in the area of business transactions and financial services litigation.
The attorneys at Robinson & McElwee PLLC represent borrowers and lenders in connection with complex financial transactions, including:
- Counseling of clients as to the opportunities and risks presented in financing transactions
- Structuring, negotiating, and closing of complex loans
- Representation of borrowers in multi-state financing transactions
- Problem resolution, restructurings, work-outs and insolvency matters
- Construction and development financing including shopping centers, office buildings, and other real-estate based collateral
- Financing secured by intellectual property
- Government agency made, facilitated and/or guaranteed lending agreements including tax incremental financing, economic development authority loans, and SBA loans
- Equity financing arrangements
- Creation and perfection of liens and security interests in all types of collateral, including UCC Article 9 collateral and interests in real property
- Transactional due diligence
- Preparation of financing documentation including term sheets, commitment letters, promissory notes, loan agreements, construction loan agreements, security agreements, guaranty agreements, etc.
- Subordinated interests structuring
- Title research and opinions
- Title agents for three national title insurance companies
Our litigation services do not end at West Virginia’s borders; we have served a national bank in multiple states and federal district courts in a range of non-foreclosure litigation. Robinson & McElwee attorneys have defended banks and mortgage companies in legal action brought by borrowers. Bankruptcy litigation is another area of financial services in which we have great experience.