Robinson & McElwee provides a wide array of professional services to the banking and financial services industry. These services include representation in the area of business transactions and financial services litigation.
For more information regarding our Banking and Finance Industry services, please contact:
The attorneys at Robinson & McElwee PLLC represent borrowers and lenders in connection with complex financial transactions, including:
- Counseling of clients as to the opportunities and risks presented in financing transactions
- Structuring, negotiating, and closing of complex loans
- Representation of borrowers in multi-state financing transactions
- Problem resolution, restructurings, work-outs and insolvency matters
- Construction and development financing including shopping centers, office buildings, and other real-estate based collateral
- Financing secured by intellectual property
- Government agency made, facilitated and/or guaranteed lending agreements including tax incremental financing, economic development authority loans, and SBA loans
- Equity financing arrangements
- Creation and perfection of liens and security interests in all types of collateral, including UCC Article 9 collateral and interests in real property
- Transactional due diligence
- Preparation of financing documentation including term sheets, commitment letters, promissory notes, loan agreements, construction loan agreements, security agreements, guaranty agreements, etc.
- Subordinated interests structuring
- Title research and opinions
- Title agents for three national title insurance companies
Our litigation services do not end at West Virginia’s borders; we have served a national bank in multiple states and federal district courts in a range of non-foreclosure litigation. Robinson & McElwee attorneys have defended banks and mortgage companies in legal action brought by borrowers. Bankruptcy litigation is another area of financial services in which we have great experience.