Robinson & McElwee’s insurance defense and coverage attorneys work with national and regional insurance carriers on a wide variety of matters in West Virginia, including defending insureds and providing coverage opinions and defending carriers on coverage matters.
We are well versed in defending complex cases in a wide array of substantive areas, in both state and federal courts. Our practice encompasses the following substantive areas, among many others:
- Trucking and other vehicular crashes
- Natural resources matters, including mining disasters, individual injury and death claims, as well as oil and gas tort liability
- Manufacturing and heavy industry fires and explosions
- Premises liability incidents causing catastrophic injury and death
- Construction and commercial and residential structures explosions and collapses
- Environmental claims and toxic torts
- Healthcare matters, including pharmaceutical litigation, medical device liability, medical incident liability claims and other professional malpractice
- Product liability claims
- Intellectual property claims
- Employer liability claims (“deliberate intent” in WV)
Our insurance coverage practice includes, among other areas:
- First Party and Third-party coverage claims and disputes
- Insurance coverage opinions and litigation
- Bad faith litigation
Our team includes experienced trial lawyers who are adept in participating in arbitrations, mediations and other forms of alternate dispute resolution, as well as in litigating and trying cases when that is required.
Distinguished by our detailed case plans and creative defense strategies, we have a strong track record of achieving favorable resolutions, both in and out of court, in a cost-effective manner. We recognize the importance of, and adhere to, status reporting, case budgeting and comply with all case management guidelines.