Areas of Practice
Bar & Court Admissions
- Kanawha County Bar Association
- Energy and Mineral Law Foundation
- Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia
- Board Member, Fund for the Arts
- Member, Robinson & McElwee, 2017-present
- Associate, Robinson & McElwee, 2008-2017
Mr. Beeson’s practice primarily focuses on general civil litigation, including cases involving chemical and asbestos exposure, products liability claims, “deliberate intent,” breach of contract and class action claims. He has litigated matters involving trespass, property law, oil and gas law, and financial services. He also serves as local counsel for products liability and personal injury cases.
A member of the Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia and the Defense Research Institute, Mr. Beeson also regularly prepares West Virginia’s section of the American Bar Association’s publication “The Law of Class Action.” Mr. Beeson also regularly prepares the West Virginia section of ALFA International’s Production Liability Compendium.
Mr. Beeson received his law degree from West Virginia University and worked in the financial services industry prior to attending law school.
In his spare time, Mr. Beeson enjoys spending time with his wife and son, and has served as a Citizen Review volunteer with the United Way for many years.
- Civil litigation of asbestos and other toxic exposure cases.
- Experience in the litigation of “deliberate intent” cases brought by employees against employers in an effort to avoid the workers’ compensation immunity, a type of personal injury action unique to West Virginia jurisprudence.
- Representation of clients in numerous oil and gas matters.
- Experience in mass litigation cases involving oil and gas nuisance claims and exposre to perchlorethylene and other “float-sink” lab chemicals.
- Experience in civil litigation cases involving trusts and estates.
- Experience in Financial Industry Regulatory Association (FINRA) arbitration claims.
- Board of Directors Member and Executive Committee, Fund for the Arts
- Past Citizens Review Volunteer, United Way