Areas of Practice
- J.D., cum laude, Washington & Lee School of Law 2018
- B.A., History & Russian, Brigham Young University
- Lead Online Editor, Washington and Lee Law Review
- Member, Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society
- 2017 Buffalo-Niagara National Mock Trial Competition
Bar & Court Admissions
- Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society
- Federalist Society
- Associate, Robinson & McElwee, 2018
- Summer Associate, Robinson & McElwee, 2016, 2017
- Litigation Assistant, Stanley, Frank & Rose, 2015
Jonathon Stanley joined Robinson & McElwee in 2018 as an Associate and his practice focuses on litigation, business law, and representation of public utilities. He practices extensively in both state and federal court, as well as before the West Virginia Public Service Commission.
He spent two summers as a Summer Associate with the firm. Prior to attending law school, Mr. Stanley worked in Houston for Stanley, Frank & Rose as a Litigation Assistant. While there, he assisted in litigation regarding financial security fraud cases.
Mr. Stanley graduated with honors from Washington & Lee University School of Law in Lexington, Virginia. During his time there, he worked as a Student Attorney at the Virginia Capital Case Clearinghouse.
While in law school, Mr. Stanley also served on the Washington & Lee University Law Review Editorial Board and he had work published in the publication. He competed in national mock trial competition, and was an active member of the Federalist Society. Mr. Stanley was inducted into the Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society in 2016 and he was also awarded the Pro Bono Public Service Award for significant service to the community.
Professionally, Mr. Stanley is involved with the Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia, the J. Reuben Clark Law Society, and the Federalist Society.
Mr. Stanley attended Brigham Young University and holds two Bachelor of Arts degrees, in History and Russian, respectively, and a minor in Anthropology.
Mr. Stanley is a native of Utah, and has lived in Minnesota, Texas, and Virginia. He also spent two years in Russia and is fluent in Russian.
- A Legal Frankenstein’s Monster: The Complete Bar Order in Securities Fraud Class Action Litigation, Wash. & Lee L. Rev. (2018)
- Laurence Jurdem, Paving the Way for Reagan: The Influence of Conservative Media on US Foreign Policy (University of Kentucky Press, 2018), as a research contributor
- “Continual Growth and Progress”: The Next Step in the Business Court’s Quest for Achievement, Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia Notebook of Articles (2019).