Areas of Practice
- J.D., cum laude, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, 2003
- B.B.A., cum laude, Accounting, Marshall University, 2000
- West Virginia licensed property and casualty insurance agent
Bar & Court Admissions
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- ALFA International Workers’ Compensation Practice Group
- Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia
- Defense Research Institute
- Member, Robinson & McElwee, 2014
- Associate, Robinson & McElwee, 2005-2014
- Member, Financial Services and Mortgage Litigation Practice Group, Robinson & McElwee
- Assistant Attorney General, Workers’ Compensation Defense Division, West Virginia Attorney General’s Office, 2004-2005
Mr. Grigoraci’s practice focuses primarily on the representation and counseling of employers in workers’ compensation and federal black lung matters and a wide array of labor and employment issues. In addition, Mr. Grigoraci practices civil litigation.
With regard to workers’ compensation and federal black lung claims, Mr. Grigoraci handles all aspects of claim litigation, appeals and administrative proceedings.
Moreover, Mr. Grigoraci has extensive experience practicing before the West Virginia Workers’ Compensation Office of Judges, the West Virginia Workers’ Compensation Board of Review and the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia.
Mr. Grigoraci has handled virtually all issues that arise in workers’ compensation claims including: treatment, compensability, temporary total disability, permanent partial disability, permanent total disability, claim re-openings and closure, return to work and “deliberate intent” (Mandolidis) claims.
Mr. Grigoraci also represents coal companies and the responsible operators before the United States Department of Labor, the Office of Administrative Law Judges, the Benefits Review Board and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. Mr. Grigoraci has significant experience defending against federal black lung claims.
Mr. Grigoraci represents employers across many industries, including the manufacturing, retail, service, hospitality and coal industries.
Additionally, Mr. Grigoraci’s experience in civil litigation includes preparing written discovery, motions and memoranda, attending hearings and depositions and performing legal research.
Mr. Grigoraci routinely counsels employers with regard to matters related to the Americans with Disabilities Act, Family Medical Leave Act, West Virginia Human Rights Act and West Virginia Wage Payment and Collection Act.
Prior to joining Robinson & McElwee, Mr. Grigoraci served as Assistant Attorney General at the West Virginia Attorney General’s Office, Workers’ Compensation Defense Division. As an Assistant Attorney General, Mr. Grigoraci handled numerous workers’ compensation claims covering a wide array of issues.
- Defense of employers, insurance companies and third-party administrators in administrative proceedings involving workers’ compensation and federal black lung claims.
- Counsels employers of all types with respect to a variety of labor and employment matters, including: workers’ compensation; return to work; employee leave and disability; the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA); the West Virginia Human Rights Act; the West Virginia Wage Payment and Collection Act; employee handbooks/policies; workplace harassment and discrimination.
- Experienced in a wide range of workers’ compensation issues, including: treatment, compensability, temporary total disability, permanent partial disability, permanent total disability, claim re-openings and closure, return to work and “deliberate intent” (Mandolidis) claims.
- Assists in civil and class action litigation by preparing written discovery, motions, and legal memoranda, performing legal research, attending hearings and presenting argument on motions.
- Presented and participated in the preparation of several seminars relating to workers’ compensation and labor and employment law.
- Former Assistant Attorney General for the West Virginia Attorney General’s office, Workers’ Compensation Defense Division.
- Co-author, West Virginia Section of the ALFA International Workers’ Compensation Law Compendium, 2010, 2008, 2006
- Author, Determining the Applicable Minimum Wage, The Employer Advocate, 2008
- Presenter, ADA and FMLA Updates and Interplay, 5th Annual Fundamentals of Employment Law by Sterling Education Services, Huntington, W.Va., 2014
- Presenter, Employment Laws Made Simple, National Business Institute, Charleston, W.Va., 2011
- Presenter, Workers’ Compensation Case Preparation Techniques, National Business Institute, Charleston, W.Va., 2009
- Presenter, Workers’ Compensation Case Preparation Techniques, National Business Institute, Charleston, W.Va., 2008
- Presenter, Employment-Related Records in West Virginia, Lorman Education Services, Charleston, W.Va., 2007,
- Presenter, Workers’ Compensation Hearings: Techniques and Strategies for Success, Charleston, W.Va., 2006
- Treasurer; Board of Directors, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern West Virginia
- Member, Basilica of the Co-Cathedral of the Sacred Heart