Areas of Practice
- J.D., West Virginia University, 1989
- M.B.A., West Virginia University, 1985
- B.A., Business Administration, Glenville State College, 1982
- BV Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
Bar & Court Admissions
- Supreme Court of the United States
- West Virginia State Bar
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Harrison County Bar Association
- Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia
- Defense Research Institute
- Energy & Mineral Law Foundation
- ALFA Transportation Practice Group
- Assistant Executive Officer, 2017-present
- Board of Directors Member, 2015-2017
- Member, Robinson & McElwee, 1997-present
- Associate, Robinson & McElwee, 1992-1996
- Associate, McNeer, Highland & McMunn, 1989-1992
Mr. Gandee’s practice primarily involves civil litigation defense in federal and state courts.
Mr. Gandee has nearly 30 years of experience as an attorney, with over 25 years of litigation in electrical matters and more than 20 years of litigation in large truck or tractor-trailer accidents.
Mr. Gandee brings passion, as well as significant experience, to his work, handling complex litigation with regard to trucking accidents, reconstruction and indemnification issues. Mr. Gandee also has extensive knowledge of matters pertaining to electrical contact, electrical theories and electrocution.
In addition, Mr. Gandee has experience in construction litigation, employment and wrongful discharge, “deliberate intent,” product liability, oil and gas litigation and insurance coverage, among other areas.
Mr. Gandee also has completed advanced mediator training courses with the West Virginia State Bar. Additionally, Mr. Gandee has arbitration experience.
Away from work, Mr. Gandee maintains 27 years of experience as a basketball official. Mr. Gandee has served as a referee for more than 1,000 college and high school varsity basketball games.
Mr. Gandee serves the trucking, electrical, gas and mineral industries. Mr. Gandee represents national and regional corporations, as well as local and small businesses.
In addition to serving as a basketball referee, Mr. Gandee is the Basketball Official Representative to the Officials Advisory Board for the West Virginia Secondary Schools Activities Commission. Mr. Gandee is also an American Legion Baseball Coach.
Involved in all phases of civil actions including discovery, depositions, trial preparation, trial and appeal with experience in:
- Large truck, tractor-trailer accidents.
- Electrical contact and electrocution.
- Construction litigation.
- Employment and wrongful discharge; deliberate intent.
- Product liability.
- Oil and gas litigation.
- Insurance coverage.
- Automobile accidents.
- Motorcycle accidents.
- Contractual indemnification.
- Highway design.
- Property damage or destruction.
- Automobile dealerships.
- Contributor, ALFA Transportation Law Compendium
- Basketball Official Representative, Officials Advisory Board for the West Virginia Secondary Schools Activities Commission, Appointed
- Basketball Official with 27 Years of Experience
- American Legion Baseball Coach